Saturday, October 08, 2005

Another lighthouse day...

Seems like that lighthouse is going to figure strongly in my time here, and I can't complain about that. Today I took a young couple up for a special occasion: a marriage proposal. The light is normally closed to the public, but how could I say no to that? They went out on the railing while their friends and I waited below. Not wanting to intrude on their private moment, I carefully surveyed the ocean for a few moments until I heard their friends start to clap and cheer. The young lady was quite surprised and quite happy. It was so neat to watch another couple embark on the same journey that I just recently undertook myself - that mysterious transformation from boyfriend/girlfriend, to being engaged, to being married. It was definitely a bright spot in my day, but I did miss my husband on the mainland. Only a few more days to go and I will be back on that boat heading for my sweetie. Though I love it here, it will be nice to be back together for a few days before I return to the island for another stint. Ah, love...

No comments: