Today was a P-word kind of day. I can think of no better way to start the morning than by poking a dead pelican. One of our campers came and reported it as having a band on its leg, so I went over, coffee in hand, to check it out. Mmm, bloated. Luckily for me, the legs were exposed nicely and I did not have to manipulate the poor fallen critter too much to get at the band. We logged in its ID number, but no history. Poor thing - it has died in anonymity. So long, pelican number 0938-17350! Godspeed, little buddy!
The next P-word floated in on the back of one of our commercial ferry boats. Super Seasick Man was ejecting breakfast rather forcefully off the stern, and I went aboard to check on him. Nice man, and he's feeling much better now. His party did the wise thing and flew back on the seaplane. The P-word, incase you haven't figured it out yet, is "puke".
Third P-word of the day is brought to us courtesy of the sooty tern population. They are here in force now, and that good-ole ammonia smell is wafting across the cut onto our little island. Is it pee or is it poo? Methinks it is a combination of both, and the combined forces of those two may knock us all out before the month is through. I can't imagine what it will smell like once the chicks hatch.
Well, that was my day. I will soon be taking down the flag and going home to cook some things for dinner, none of which start with the letter "P".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the smell of Bush Key in the morning... It smells like... Victory.
Post a Comment