Sunday, July 30, 2006

Tour Babe

So today I gave my first tour of Fort Jefferson. The fact that I had to be up at 8:00 a.m. did not bode well, but by 8:30 I was coherent enough to greet our guests and think about what I would say. I don't normally do the tours, but as we had a group of NOAA folks stopping by, I decided to extend them the courtesy. All things considered I did well - even got a few laughs, so I must have been doing something right. At least I lowered expectations by giving my disclaimer at the beginning. This is key. I am sooo glad that I don't do this on a regular basis. Not only am I hoarse from projecting, I'm starving! This getting up in the morning thing is just no good. I think I like being the night ranger just fine.

1 comment:

The Big Guy said...

Now you see what it's like for us poor VIPs... heh.

By the way-
http://l2uj.blogspot.com/2006/08/ouch-i-was-tagged-with-meme.html

Tag! You're it.

TBG